Need a quick and healthy-ish appetizer? Endive Spears with Spicy Goat Cheese clocks in right around 100 calories and is a delicious, light appetizer I found on myrecipes.com. It yields six servings of six Belgian endive leaves per guest, so if the party is larger, double the cheese mixture ingredients and serve crostini crackers in addition to the lettuce. I also added a good smattering of chopped fresh chives for color and taste.
Let the party begin…
Endive with Spicy Goat Cheese
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) goat cheese
- 1/3 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh chives (optional)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Hungarian sweet paprika, divided
- 36 Belgian endive leaves (about 3 heads)
- Crostini olive oil crackers (optional)
- Combine first 5 ingredients (and chives if using) and 1 teaspoon paprika in a medium bowl; mash with a fork until smooth.
- Top each endive leaf with about 1 teaspoon cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/4 teaspoon paprika evenly over cheese mixture.
1 thought on “Healthy-ish Appetizer”
looks great !
LikeLiked by 1 person