There’s just something about grilled tuna steaks that screams summer to me. This super-easy, no-fuss, dinner is perfect for a couple—but if doubled or tripled, fancy enough for company. Because it’s ready in 30 minutes from start-to-finish, you have ample time leftover to chill with a glass of wine, and/or enjoy your guests.
Then, how about a grilled romaine salad as a side dish? Slice a head in half, brush with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and place the cut-side down over high heat for two minutes. Dress with grape tomatoes, radish and cucumber slices, sliced scallions and your favorite dressing. I think ranch or blue cheese adds a nice counterpoint to the salty tartness of the butter sauce. Serve immediately.
Completing the meal was some grilled asparagus, making the meal healthy, low-carb, with added fiber and protein—not to mention great taste!
Grilled Tuna Steaks with Lemon-Caper Mustard Sauce
- 2 8 oz. tuna steaks, 3/4 inch thick
- 2 Tbsp. tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. lemon fresh juice, divided
- ½ tsp. lemon zest, grated
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. capers, drained
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil for tuna
- Salt and white pepper
- Vegetable oil for grill grates
- Fresh parsley for garnish, chopped
- Preheat gas grill to high.
- Mix together butter, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, lemon zest, mustard, capers and a pinch of white pepper. Set aside.
- Brush tuna steaks with olive oil, sprinkle lightly with salt and white pepper. Drizzle remaining 1 teaspoon lemon juice over fish.
- Brush vegetable oil on grates and place tuna steaks over the heat.
- Grill, turning once, until firm and opaque at center, about 10 to 12 minutes total for medium.
- Remove from heat and divide lemon-caper butter over top of each steak.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley and leftover lemon wedges if you have them.