Tangy orange-butter sauce gives Brussels sprouts a wake-up call in this recipe and paired well with our Citrus Rosemary Chicken entrée. The key is using real maple syrup and a good quality balsamic vinegar for the best flavor.
It is easily cut in half if serving 4 or less people. Truly yummy!
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Orange-Butter Sauce
- 2 lbs. small Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. coarse salt
- 1 Tbsp. plus 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tsp. finely grated orange zest
- 4 Tbsp. cold unsalted butter, cut into 16 pieces
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss Brussels sprouts with olive oil and salt; arrange in an even layer on prepared baking sheet, cut side down.
- Transfer to oven and roast until brown and tender, 15 to 18 minutes, rotating baking sheet halfway through baking; transfer to a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan, mix together vinegar, maple syrup, orange juice, and orange zest; heat over medium heat until heated through but not simmering. Remove from heat and whisk in cold butter, a few pieces at a time, until smooth and creamy.
- Pour vinegar mixture over Brussels sprouts and gently stir until liquid is absorbed and mixture is well combined; serve immediately.
Adapted from a recipe by Martha Stewart