Tasty spuds are always a welcome side dish at our table. Here, melted parmesan cheese takes these roasted potatoes to a whole new level. They’re foolproof and taste delicious with just about everything.
If there was such a thing as a Potato Olympics, these babies would be sure to medal. Just make them, you’ll be glad you did…
Crispy Parmesan Potatoes
- 1 1/2 lbs. fingerling potatoes, about 30 potatoes
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 oz. Parmesan cheese, about 1 cup
- 6 sprigs fresh parsley, stemmed and chopped
- Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and heat the oven to 400°F.
- Cut 1 1/2 pounds fingerling potatoes in half lengthwise. Place in a roasting pan or rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with 3 tablespoons olive oil. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon kosher salt, 1 teaspoon smoked paprika, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Toss to combine. Arrange the potatoes in single layer cut-side down.
- Roast until the bottoms are starting to turn golden-brown, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, finely grate 2 ounces Parmesan cheese (about 1 lightly packed cup). Pick the leaves from 5 to 6 fresh parsley sprigs and finely chop until you have about 2 tablespoons.
- Carefully flip over each potato with tongs or a thin metal spatula so they are now cut-side up. Sprinkle the Parmesan over the potatoes. (It’s OK if some fall onto the pan.) Roast until the potatoes are cooked through and the cheese is crisp and golden-brown, about 10 minutes more. Sprinkle with the parsley before serving.
Recipe from TheKtchn.com