This is one of the easiest appetizers to make, thanks Trisha Yearwood! Instead of canned artichokes, we used the marinated jarred version, and we sprinkled some paprika on top for a touch of color and even more depth of flavor.
To lighten our load on the day of the party, the dish was made and put in a small casserole dish covered with foil, then refrigerated overnight. About an hour before it went into a 350° oven, it sat on the countertop to warm up. Make sure to uncover the dish before popping it in the oven.
- One 14-oz. can artichoke hearts, drained and finely chopped
- 5 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 2-oz. jarred roasted red peppers, drained and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Paprika for topping, optional
- Sea salt pita chips, for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the artichoke hearts, feta, mayonnaise, Parmesan, red pepper and garlic until thoroughly combined. Sprinkle paprika on top, if desired.
- Transfer the mixture to a small casserole or glass pie plate and bake, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- To serve, place the dish on a larger platter and surround with pita chips.
Adapted from a recipe by Trisha Yearwood