Just in time for New Year’s Eve or football playoffs, here’s my version of the beef and cream cheese wrap appetizers. Now I didn’t measure the ingredients but went on instinct to create these tasty beauties, so adjust according to your preference.
- 3/4 lb. thinly sliced london broil lunch meat
- 4 oz. cream cheese at room temperature
- 2-3 Tbsp. horseradish sauce
- 9-10 scallions, greens minced, whites and light green stalks cut into 2 1/2″ sections
- 1/4 red pepper, sliced into 2 1/2″ strips
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, with 1 Tbsp. minced
Make sure to buy thinly sliced london broil from your deli counter which should come on the rare side. You could also use rare roast beef slices. Fold the beef slices along one long bottom edge so that you get a nice clean border.
To make 21 roll-ups, I used 4 ounces of cream cheese that came to room temperature. Once softened I added about 2 or 3 tablespoons of horseradish sauce, more or less to taste for spiciness. Then incorporate about a shy quarter cup of minced scallion greens, and a tablespoon or so of chopped fresh cilantro.
Spread about 1 1/2 teaspoons of the cream cheese mixture onto one end of the london broil slice. Top with a 2 1/2-inch piece of scallion and the same approximate size of red pepper strip. Roll up and place on platter and sprinkle with extra cilantro leaves.
They can be wrapped and refrigerated for 24 hours.