In Spanish: Flan de Queso Casero con Frutas de Bosque
If you like cheesecake (and I don’t know many people who don’t), you’ll love this flan. It is super simple to make – mix sugar, eggs, cream cheese and milk. Divide mixture into 6 dishes and toss in a handful of blueberries, then bake in a water bath. The result is a rich and creamy flan dotted with fresh blueberries.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 6 Servings
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 13 1/2 oz milk (whole, lowfat or skim)
- 4-6 cups hot water
- 6 oz fresh blueberries
- 6 Tbsp honey
- Heat oven to 400F.
Heat water on stove top or in microwave. Set aside.
- Place sugar, eggs and cream cheese in a medium mixing bowl. Mix with an electric mixer on medium speed until blended. Pour in milk and continue to mix for 1 minute.
- Divide the blueberries between the 6 ramekins. Pour flan mixture into the ramekins.
- Place the ramekins in a broiler pan and pour hot water into the pan. Make sure to pour enough water, so water level covers 1/2 of height of ramekins.
- Bake in oven for about 30 minutes, or until flan rises.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes. Run knife around edge of each ramekin, then turn out onto plates. Drizzle a tablespoon of honey over the top of each flan and serve.
If flan won’t be served immediately, allow to cool on the counter for 20 minutes and refrigerate until serving.