Grilled veggies, you gotta love ’em. And if you don’t, maybe you need to try these delicious Lime-Miso Marinated Grilled Asparagus. A few months ago, the recipe was printed in the Sunday newspaper supplement Parade, and it caught my eye immediately. BTW, the ingredients list using 1/2 teaspoon of white miso, but we felt a full teaspoon was in order because we really enjoy the taste of the paste.
I thought it was a bit odd that the printed recipe said to use lemon zest, but didn’t include the amount, plus incorporate the juice of one lime. When it was time to write this blog, I Googled the recipe online and noted there it said to use the zest and juice of one lime, no lemons mentioned! Should have paid attention to my culinary instincts.
The grilled asparagus was part of a Grilled Rack of Lamb dinner that also included reheated leftover Twice-Baked Potatoes. Now mind you, rack of lamb is a rare treat for us due to the high cost, but our favorite supermarket happen to have it on sale so we snatched up the last rack. It was already seasoned necessitating all we had to do was sear and grill it for the recommended amount of time. Dinner done.
Lime-Miso Marinated Grilled Asparagus
- 2 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp grated peeled ginger
- 1/2 tsp white miso paste
- 1 garlic clove grated
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 (1-lb) bunch thick asparagus, trimmed
- Flake sea salt
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a shallow dish. Add asparagus. Toss to coat; let stand 20 minutes at room temperature.
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Thread asparagus evenly on 4 double-pronged skewers, leaving space in between to allow air to circulate; or toss in a shallow grill basket like we did.
- Grill 7-10 minutes over indirect heat, turning once, or until asparagus are tender and charred in spots. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt, if desired.
1 thought on “Lime-Miso Marinated Grilled Asparagus”